Wednesday, August 6, 2014

San Francisco Street Sighting - 1964 Buick Riviera

Of all the Rivieras I've come across in my travels thus far, I think this one's the best. It's really tough to beat an early Riv in classic black on five-spoke Buick mags, and just enough whitewall to add a touch of formality without ruining the sporty-car image. You can see why these cars were called the banker's hot rod.

I don't have a whole lot to say about this one, since we've previously looked at a '63 Riviera that was fundamentally similar. So I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. I just know that it's awesome and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Man Jay, this Riviera is just beautiful. And as crazy as it sounds, I raced one of these in the street stock division at our local track in the summer of '76.

    ReplyDelete