Friday, March 16, 2012

San Francisco Street Sighting - 1966 Ford Fairlane 500

Readers may notice that my photo quality and quantity have gone down a bit this week. I'm using up some archive material, much of which was photographed in 2007-08, long before I even started this blog. In fact, the reason I photographed this 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 sedan as much as I did was because my friend was making driveable virtual vehicles in the online community SecondLife and was interested in textures for his models. Basically he needed a good front, side and rear shot, as well as a wheel photo, which could then be mapped onto the 3D model to make it look more realistic and detailed. Only one of my sets of textures ever made it into SecondLife, but that's beside the point.


I am a huge fan of the 1966-67 Fairlanes, so I really wish I'd done a better shoot. This car has a real Dragnet feel to it, and I can't remember the last time I saw a four-door Fairlane like this. It's a V8 car judging by the badges (which I should have photographed; they're cool), and the body looks like it's in great shape. I'd call it a prime candidate for a restoration. A new coat of paint, rechromed bumpers and a complete set of hubcaps would do wonders for this very straight and solid Fairlane. And yes, I just might paint it gold like Joe Friday's car. Just the facts, ma'am.

2 comments: