Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wanted: 1:18 Beanstalk Group Ford F-150 Lariat


Some of my readers will know that I collect 1:18 scale diecast models and occasionally do a "Collector's Corner" feature here of some of my collection. I have a short list of "must obtain" models, and my holy grail among them is the blue 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat extended cab fleetside truck by Beanstalk Group, produced for only one year in very limited numbers. I believe it was some kind of promotional tie-in with Ford dealers or something, and unlike the 2006 F-150 by Maisto which was sized to fit inside Maisto's corporate box, the Beanstalk pickup is true 1:18 scale and also has four opening cab doors.

The biggest kicker is that the picture shown above is of a pair of models I actually purchased last year on eBay (seller's photo, not mine). A mistake by eBay's systems in processing the order caused the models to be shipped to a friend's former address in Pennsylvania, where the package was presumably stolen off the doorstep and has never been recovered. I have not seen a blue Beanstalk F-150 Lariat come up for sale since.

If anyone reading this post has one in good condition that you'd be willing to sell, please get in touch with me.

Thanks!

Jay

1 comment: