Sunday, April 18, 2010

San Francisco Street Sighting - 1963 Ford Galaxie 500 Town Sedan

One of my favorite years of the Ford Galaxie is 1963, a model year where everything just looked right somehow. I loved it enough to buy a 1:18 scale model of one (Sun Star makes a fantastic '63 Galaxie 500XL coupe), and to photograph them when I see one on the street.


The owner of this Galaxie 500 Town Sedan apparently didn't think its design was clean enough. He's removed the side trim and door handles, basically all the brightwork is gone. Those might be put back on once it's painted, who knows? All of the mounting holes are still there. It's also sitting nice and low on chrome reverse rims with fat whitewall tires. I don't like the little round mirror above the driver's door but otherwise this car has been kept clean. I appreciate that it wears its original plates for a more period look. It's pretty much a blank slate at this point, a work in progress, so I can't go about judging its appearance. If I see it again someday in a more finished form, I'll get some more pictures and post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment